Sunday 26 April 2020

Early WWII - Polish vs. Germans Game 1 part 4

Rules and the Table

Rules changes:
I have deliberately ignored the Limits on Recce units. they are all attached to their own respective command unit and may only use the Recce rule for that said command unit. 

Since I'm playing myself in this one I have wont be able to rely on any underhand tricky plans. But to keep it fair Ive come up with a crib sheet to use when I am not the "Player" this will keep things fair as In this game your turn may be interrupted by enemy fire!

Opportunity fire!
Opportunity fire represents the opposing forces taking a chance to shoot at you! Now normally this would be decided by the opposing player. This allows the opposing player to shoot at your forces if they move or shoot at them, the must be in range naturally and be able to damage what they are shooting at. However since I am that player too I have come up with this system to keep it fair and a bit random.

So when I am the "Player" I roll a 6 sided dice to see if I trigger a Opportunity Fire from the Opposing player. As the "Player" the more things I do and where I do them will increase the likelihood of the Opportunity Fire being triggered. As shown below in some cases it will be an automatic reaction. E.g. If a Tank was within half range and side or rear on to an Anti-tank gun platoon they would almost certainly take the shot (as no better one would ever happen) and so it is Automatic for this game.

Reaction to Movement:
Roll per enemy activation
Infantry/guns/soft vehicles
Recce/Armoured Recce.
Armoured Targets
In Range?
3+
6+
4+
Half range?
2+
5+
3+
Half Range and Flank/Rear shot?
Auto yes
NA*
Auto yes


Reaction to Shooting:
Roll per enemy activation
Infantry/guns/soft vehicles
Recce/Armoured Recce
Armoured Targets
In range in OPEN
4+
6+
4+
In range in COVER
5+
6+
5+
In half range OPEN
3+
6+
4+
In half range COVER
4+
6+
4+
Half Range Flank/Rear OPEN
2+
NA*
2+
Half Range Flank/Rear COVER
4+
NA*
3+
  * Recce Units have no Flank or Rear.

The Table:
Looking North to South on the Town of Polundnie Tercza and its surrounding area.

The Town of Poludnie Terzca

The Farm is surrounded by fields and good water sources for the livestock

So next, I will be going it to Battle Plans and Deployment

See you Next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment