Sunday 26 April 2020

Early WWII Poilsh vs.Germans - Game 1 part 1

Ok so I have had an idea!

One Man Wargame!

I know there are a lot of people out there who have done this before, I did not say it was a new or good idea. But I do love a bit of Blitzkrieg Commander, this rule set is a fairly easy to grasp grand scale game. All of my Miniatures are from  Pendraken, terrain is a mix of N gauge railway and things that I have made myself.
https://pendraken.co.uk/

I must admit that playing a game against myself is going to be tricky, the turn sequence of BKCII may trip me up a little but I am confident I can do this.
In this First part I will detail the mission, forces available and some of the tools I will be using to keep me from going mad.
When I am the "player" I will be doing all in my ability to; A Follow the mission and B totally crush the enemy. I have come up with a sort of crib sheet that hopefully will represent enemy reactions to my turn and will apply it constantly to keep it even. None of the dice rolls will be fudged to create drama or false results. I will be completely honest with myself.

It is worth a mention that even tough they will be Nazi imagery (flags) in this battle report it is purely in a historical setting for accuracy and I naturally do not endorse their ideology or any other extremist views. If these things are likely offend you I suggest you do not follow the Battle report. 

Scale. 10mm (each stand of models roughly represents a platoon of men/vehicles or battery of guns.)

Nazi invasion of Poland to start WWII in 1939 - The Edwardsville ...
Setting:
German armoured forces sweep through the Polish border, the Luftwaffe flies overhead and destroys the Polish air force on the ground. Many forward elements of the Polish army are surrounded before they even receive orders and are quickly overwhelmed. Slowly the Polish army gathers to attempt a counter attack but every time this is attempted, German air and ground units attack causing confusion and destruction.

Scenario:
A strong German Recon Battalion has made its way through a hole in the jumbled Polish front line, they have run out of fuel and are awaiting re-enforcement from the rest of the Panzer Division. Whith what appears to be a miracle unfolding Polish forces are in a position to not only hold this German thrust but recapture a town and potentially turn the battle in their favour. Not wanting to suffer any setbacks the German forces want to not only force a battalion through the gap but the entire division.

Missions:
German
1 Make sure the Town is held no more than 2 to 1 enemy forces in the Town Area by Turn 6 5vpts
2 Reach the Town by Turn 6 with at least 1fuel truck 5vpts (Fuel truck move once per round for free)
3 Destroy Polish forces in the Area 1vp per Polish units knocked out a the end of the game
Polish
1 Recapture the Town, make sure 0 German units are in the Town by turn 6 5vpts
2 Knock out German Panzers 2vpts per tank at the end of the game
3 Hold the German Forces until turn 5, making sure that German re-enforcement move further than the halfway line on the table. +5vpts

Special Rules:
All German forces must use the Mobile Deployment rules from turn 1 (those already in the Town are not affected by this)
Polish forces not on the Table Also must use the Mobile Deployment rules
The Town blocks line of sight, gives anyone in the town a 6+ cover save and counts as -1 to hit penalties. Units in the town may only be shot at if they are within 5cm of the edge. likewise they may not shoot out if they are not within the 5cm boarder.
Forests block line of sight
Crops block line of sight to ground units
Water/Swamps are impassable to Vehicles.

Game lasts 6 turns

Break point: see the Forces Roster.

1 comment:

  1. Great start, look forward to reading the rest. Big fan of BKC IV and Cold War Commander.

    ReplyDelete